Man dies after bike skids
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Ambala:A 40-year-old shopkeeper Surinder Kumar who ran his business at Shehzadpur (Naraingarh), died after the bike he was driving skidded on NH-73 Shehzadpur-Saha road last night. The incident occurred when he was returning to his village Patharheri after closing the shop. The motorcycle went out of control and he fell on the road. He died on the spot. The dead body was handed over to his kin after postmortem by the police.
Wildlife week ends at Chhatbir zoo
Chandigarh:The celebration of Wildlife Week 2012 concluded today at the Chhatbir zoo. It was marked by various competitions for school students. Other events organised for children during the week included a wildlife awareness campaign and film shows about wildlife, a zookeeper's talk and a special painting event for differently abled children. Entry to the zoo for the week was made free for all.
Engg student beaten unconscious in ragging session
Ambala:A civil engineering student Ravinder lodged a complaint against some seniors. In his complaint, Ravinder alleged that they compelled him to take off his garments and walk around naked. He further alleged that a day ago, when he was sitting in his class room all alone, he was called by the seniors who started abusing him. When he refused to be ragged, he was beaten up with clubs till he fell unconscious. He said that his classmates admitted him to the Mullana hospital.