Man dies after shop’s glass door falls on him
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
A 45-year-old man died after a glass door fell on him at a Sector-20 shop on Sunday. Nikhil Chauhan, manager of Nikhil Enterprises at Baddi Unit, reportedly came to the shop to purchase a wig.
According to the police, when Nikhil opened the glass door, it fell on him. The sharp glass pieces caused severe bleeding due to which he died at the Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32.
Ruling out any foul play, Deputy Superintendent of Police (East) J S Cheema said they have initiated inquest proceedings under Section 174 of the CrPC.
"A team from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory visited the spot. There was no foul play involved as the glass fell on him accidentally," said Cheema.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now