Man dies after shop’s glass door falls on him
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
A 45-year-old man died after a glass door fell on him at a Sector-20 shop on Sunday. Nikhil Chauhan, manager of Nikhil Enterprises at Baddi Unit, reportedly came to the shop to purchase a wig.
According to the police, when Nikhil opened the glass door, it fell on him. The sharp glass pieces caused severe bleeding due to which he died at the Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32.
Ruling out any foul play, Deputy Superintendent of Police (East) J S Cheema said they have initiated inquest proceedings under Section 174 of the CrPC.
"A team from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory visited the spot. There was no foul play involved as the glass fell on him accidentally," said Cheema.