Man dupes 3 brothers of Rs 90 lakh in 1 minute
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
A fraud has come to light in which a city resident, Satvinder Pal Arora alias Pappu, and his son Gurkaran Singh Arora alias Shanky have duped their three family members of Rs 90,00,000 and that too within one minute.
As per the FIR registered at police division number 8, four brothers — Inderjeet Arora, Harjeet Arora, Ravinder Pal and the accused — held a joint account in HDFC Bank, Mall Road. A bank loan of Rs 45,55,349 (including interest) had been pending against LIC policies submitted by the brothers as guarantee since 2005. However, after they failed to pay back the loan, their account was frozen by the bank. Then to recover their amount, the bank got their LIC policies surrendered and an amount of Rs 1,35,60,709.10 was credited to their account in October 2012. After the bank took all its due amount, Rs 89,87,758.10 remained in the account which was to be distributed among four brothers.
On March 14, however, Satvinder Pal went to the bank manager asking him to credit his share to his another account. All this while his son was waiting at the HDFC branch of Kalsi Nagar. As soon as the bank manager began processing Satvinder's request and unblocked frozen account, he transferred Rs 89,87,758 to his another account in HDFC bank — this was a joint account with his son — within one minute and then messaged 'okay' to his son. Later, the son transferred the entire amount to an SBI account and sent to his father an SMS saying 'job done'.
Satvinder Pal left the bank and never responded to the bank manager's calls after that. Despite the bank's efforts to stop the transaction and block the account at Kalsi Nagar and SBI, Gandhi Nagar, the fraud was already done and only 10 paise were left in the account.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'