Man ends life after raping two girls
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
- Kiran floats party for âTelugu prideâ
- UP cops slap sedition charge on Kashmiri students for cheering Pak, then withdraw it
A man committed suicide by jumping into a lake here after allegedly raping two girls including a mentally unstable one, police said today.
Vinayak Pandurang Thakre (52) working as a security guard and a resident of Wanadongri area in western part of city, criminally assaulted a 15-year-old and later a 18-year- old mentally unstable girl at his house, the next day.
After the incident came to light recently, his wife strongly protested and the police registered offences against him.
Fearing arrest, Thakre jumped to death yesterday in the Futala lake. His body was fished out and handed over to family, police added.