Man ends life after raping two girls
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A man committed suicide by jumping into a lake here after allegedly raping two girls including a mentally unstable one, police said today.
Vinayak Pandurang Thakre (52) working as a security guard and a resident of Wanadongri area in western part of city, criminally assaulted a 15-year-old and later a 18-year- old mentally unstable girl at his house, the next day.
After the incident came to light recently, his wife strongly protested and the police registered offences against him.
Fearing arrest, Thakre jumped to death yesterday in the Futala lake. His body was fished out and handed over to family, police added.