Man found dead near Aksa may have been murdered: Cops
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The Malwani police are trying to establish the identity of a man whose body was found near Dana Pani beach in Aksa, Malad (West), on Tuesday.
Initially, police had found a suicide note and registered a case of accidental death. However, the post-mortem report stated that he died due to head injuries and not drowning, leading the police to suspect that he was murdered. The police are now finding out the company whose SIM card the victim was using.
On Tuesday, they received a call from a lifeguard at 7.30 am. He told police that he spotted a body amid mangroves. Police said the victim was wearing a blue shirt and black trousers. He had a backpack, from which the police recovered his purse and the suicide note.