Man found dead near Aksa may have been murdered: Cops
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
The Malwani police are trying to establish the identity of a man whose body was found near Dana Pani beach in Aksa, Malad (West), on Tuesday.
Initially, police had found a suicide note and registered a case of accidental death. However, the post-mortem report stated that he died due to head injuries and not drowning, leading the police to suspect that he was murdered. The police are now finding out the company whose SIM card the victim was using.
On Tuesday, they received a call from a lifeguard at 7.30 am. He told police that he spotted a body amid mangroves. Police said the victim was wearing a blue shirt and black trousers. He had a backpack, from which the police recovered his purse and the suicide note.