Man from Bihar killed; wife, lover arrested
- 5 officers killed as IAFâs new showpiece Super Hercules crashes near Gwalior
- Will chop Modi to pieces if he does a Gujarat here, says Cong candidate in divided Saharanpur
- In posters, Modi to claim Atal legacy
- In rerun of Samba attack, terrorists target Army camp in Jammu, kill 3
- SC makes Gavaskar BCCI chief for IPL, no role for Srinivasan
Interestingly, the woman called up the police and told them that the man died because of an electric shock. However, an eyewitness, Mulak Raj, told the police that Kanchan and Anil murdered Vishisht by strangulating him
Vishisht Prasad Gupta, a 35-year-old migrant from Bihar, was allegedly killed by his wife Kanchan Devi along with one Anil in Surjeet Nagar on Monday morning.
Anil was a tenant in their house, and she was having an illicit relationship with him. The extra-marital affair was said to be the reason behind this murder.
Interestingly, the woman called up the police and told them that the man died because of an electric shock. However, an eyewitness, Mulak Raj, told the police that Kanchan and Anil murdered Vishisht by strangulating him. He was passing through the lane when he heard a noise. As a window of the room was not closed properly, he could peep inside. He saw that a man and a woman were strangulating another person.
SHO Jatinderjit Singh and other police officers reached the spot and after the eyewitness's statement and looking at various clues in the room, police arrested Kanchan and Anil.
The victim had divorced his first wife in Bihar and had come to Ludhiana along with two sons. Here he married Kanchan and also had another child with her.
Although Anil and Kanchan had an illicit relationship for long, the husband came to know about this only sometime back. He tried to make Kanchan see his point. But she was adamant and allegedly plotted his murder.
- I shake hands with every woman I meet… It leaves a lasting impact: Jannat
- Kadam, Vyavahare, Bagwe in Congress star campaigners’ list
- Modi rally: Traffic snarls likely today
- Cong MLC goes to EC, complains against Ramdev
- Customs officials dispose of drugs worth Rs 64.67 lakh
- State warned of contempt on failing to disburse hail-aid in time