Man gets 10 years in jail for raping woman
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The Amritsar court of Additional Sessions Judge Neelam Arora Monday sentenced a man to 10-years of rigorous imprisonment for raping a woman by alluring to solemnise marriage with her. The court also directed accused Rakesh Kumar to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 and in case of non-payment ordered that he be kept in jail for another six months.
In November 2010, Rakesh Kumar had allegedly taken the woman in a room by alluring her that he would marry her. The woman was then allegedly raped by him for nine days. After Rakesh Kumar did not solemnise marriage with her, the woman lodged a complaint at Sultanwind police station, acting on which police registered a case of rape and under other sections of IPC against the accused on November 20, 2010.