Man gets life for raping, killing teenager
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
A sessions court on Monday sentenced a 24-year-old man to life imprisonment for raping and murdering a teenager.
Additional sessions judge P V Ganediwala held the man guilty under sections 302 (murder) and section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code.
Accused Nagendra Kumar Paswan (24), a native of Uttar Pradesh, had come to Mumbai in search of employment. He lived in the basement of a garment factory in Elphinstone Road area, where he and the 19-year-old victim worked.