Man gets life for raping, killing teenager
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A sessions court on Monday sentenced a 24-year-old man to life imprisonment for raping and murdering a teenager.
Additional sessions judge P V Ganediwala held the man guilty under sections 302 (murder) and section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code.
Accused Nagendra Kumar Paswan (24), a native of Uttar Pradesh, had come to Mumbai in search of employment. He lived in the basement of a garment factory in Elphinstone Road area, where he and the 19-year-old victim worked.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place in July 2010, after Paswan had an argument with the victim.Police said he was upset when the victim turned down his proposal for marriage. He took her to the ground floor and raped and strangulated her. The prosecution examined 17 witnesses in the case, all of whom supported the police's case.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties