Man gets life for raping, killing teenager
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A sessions court on Monday sentenced a 24-year-old man to life imprisonment for raping and murdering a teenager.
Additional sessions judge P V Ganediwala held the man guilty under sections 302 (murder) and section 376 (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code.
Accused Nagendra Kumar Paswan (24), a native of Uttar Pradesh, had come to Mumbai in search of employment. He lived in the basement of a garment factory in Elphinstone Road area, where he and the 19-year-old victim worked.