Man held for ‘raping’ two nieces in Navsari
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
A 43-year-old man was arrested Friday for allegedly raping his two nieces in Billimora taluka of Navsari district.
According to police, the incident took place in Vagrecha village of Billimora taluka in Navsari district, a couple of days ago. The suspect Suresh Nayka was staying jobless at home with his wife and two children.
On Tuesday afternoon, he had visited his cousin's house in the same village and found eight-year-old niece alone. He had reportedly brought the girl to his home and allegedly raped her. He also threatened her not to disclose anything about the incident to anyone, and later dropped the girl at her own house, police said.
Next day, Suresh again had visited another cousin's house in the same village and brought his 10-year-old niece to his home finding her alone in their house. She was raped several times, police said. Later in the night, the victim had complained about severe stomach ache and disclosed the entire story in front of her mother.
The parents of the 10-year-old victim talked to their relatives in the village and learnt about the same incident that had happened to one more girl. All of them had reportedly gone to Suresh house in the same night, but he was found missing.
On Thursday, the parents of rape victims lodged an FIR against him at Billimora police station and on Friday police arrested Suresh from an agricultural field in the village.
Both the rape victims were sent to civil hospital in Navsari for medical examination, police said.
Billimora police Sub-Inspector V K Gadhvi said, "We have arrested Suresh. He is jobless and his wife goes out to neighbouring villages to work as a domestic helper in the afternoon. Suresh has also confessed to his crime."
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit