Man held for abduction of son, murder attempt
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Police on Wednesday arrested a man on charges of kidnapping his eight-year-old son, who was with his estranged wife, and attempting to kill him.
The man, Satish Bhalekar, kidnapped his son Sunday and threw him into Narmada canal near here with an intention to kill him, police said.
The boy was with his mother Hansaben, who had been staying at her brother's residence. Bhalekar was arrested following a complaint lodged by his wife, police said.
Talking to reporters, Hansaben said she had shifted to her brother's house due to frequent quarrels with her husband. She alleged that Bhalekar snatched the boy from her and took him to the nearby Narmada canal and threw him in it. "A man passing from there rescued my son," Hansaben added.