Man held for driving minor girl to suicide
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After being persistently harassed by her neighbour, a 15-year-old girl ended her life in neighbouring Thane district, police said today.
The accused has been arrested by the police on the charge of abetment of suicide.
Praveen Gorkhane (22) was arrested yesterday for allegedly eve-teasing the girl for nearly a month, following which she committed suicide by hanging herself at her home in Potkal village under Vikramgarh taluka in Thane district, police said.
On Wednesday, the accused allegedly molested her by pulling her hand and also passed some comments, police said.
"When we were going to school after lunch, there were these boys who started harassing us, one of the boys, Praveen, held the victim and would not let her go, he asked me to leave," an eye witness said.
Disturbed by this, the girl rushed home crying and locked herself in a room where she hanged herself even as her family members kept knocking at the door asking her to open it.
The family members had to broke open the door of the room where she was found hanging, they added.
"When my sister was on her way to school, Gorkhane started harassing her and forced himself on her, my sister got scared and returned home instead of going to school. The incident left her scared and she committed suicide out of depression," Prabhakar Gadag, victim's brother said.
Further investigation was on.