Man held for installing hidden camera in neighbour's bathroom
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A 44-year-old electrician has been arrested for allegedly installing a hidden camera in a water heater he had fixed in his neighbour's bathroom. The electrician, identified as Reghunath, installed the miniature camera inside the heater's altometer box to capture images from the bathroom, police said. The house, at Muttada near here, belonged to his long-time neighbour. The camera had a small radio AV transmitter which sent the images from the bathroom to the computer-linked receiver installed at the electrician's house. The man had allegedly been viewing the images from the bathroom for the last eight months. Police have seized the hard disc of his computer for cyber forensic examination. Two married women, both sisters, whose husbands are working abroad, were living in the house with their children. The camera was detected by one of them and police were informed. Police said they were verifying whether he had fixed similar devices in other houses where he had installed water heaters. The man, who was arrested yesterday, has been charged with outraging the modesty of women, violation of Information Technology Act, privacy intrusion and trespass, police said.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?