Man held for killing 10-yr-old girl
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A 35-year-old man was arrested for allegedly murdering a 10-year-old girl on Sunday. Police said he was arrested a few hours after her body was found in a dustbin in Pul Prahladpur, Southeast Delhi.
The man has been identified as Gopal, a resident of Katihar district in Bihar.
He was arrested from the Tughlakabad railway station while he was trying to flee the city, police said.
According to police, he had killed the girl, whose body was found in a garbage dump at 10 pm on Saturday.
"During investigation, we spoke to the residents of the slum where the girl's parents lived. We found that Gopal lived in a shanty near the girl's home. He was not at home. Gopal and the girl hail from Katihar. Gopal was earlier apprehended from his native place on allegations of rape and molestation," Additional Commissioner of Police (Southeast) Ajay Chaudhary said.
Police began a search for Gopal and arrested him from the Tughlakabad railway station.
During questioning, he reportedly told police that he would often go to the girl's house to watch television.
"On the night of the incident, he went to the girl's shanty after consuming alcohol. She was alone in the house and taking advantage of that, he tried to misbehave with her. When she objected and threatened to tell her brother about it, he attacked her with a belan (rolling pin) and took her to a dustbin nearby. There, he repeatedly hit her with a stone and killed her," Chaudhary said.
Gopal also told police that he was apprehended in his village on allegations of molestation and attempt to rape a girl.
"He was even caught having unnatural sex with a goat. But he managed to get away with his crimes by paying penalty on all the occasions at the panchayat level. It made him assume that he could commit any crime and get away with it by paying a fine," Chaudhary said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express