Man held for killing 57-year-old
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
Krishna Mali (34) was arrested around 2 pm on Saturday for allegedly killing the father-in-law of his former wife in Chunabhatti.
Mali went to Shankar Patil's (57) house and attacked him with a sickle. Patil's son Dipak rushed to his rescue. However, Mali fled, leaving the injured man at the doorstep.
Dipak took his father to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. Police said Mali was once married to Dipak's wife Vidya. They were neighbours in Khajuri Bhatti on V N Purav Marg, Chunabhatti (West). Mali and Vidya divorced recently and Dipak married her soon after. An upset Mali had an argument with Patil and Dipak hours before the attack.
"Mali has been charged under IPC sections 302, 504 and 506 (2). He was produced before a holiday court in Bhoiwada and remanded till November 29," a police officer said.