Man held for killing 57-year-old
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Krishna Mali (34) was arrested around 2 pm on Saturday for allegedly killing the father-in-law of his former wife in Chunabhatti.
Mali went to Shankar Patil's (57) house and attacked him with a sickle. Patil's son Dipak rushed to his rescue. However, Mali fled, leaving the injured man at the doorstep.
Dipak took his father to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. Police said Mali was once married to Dipak's wife Vidya. They were neighbours in Khajuri Bhatti on V N Purav Marg, Chunabhatti (West). Mali and Vidya divorced recently and Dipak married her soon after. An upset Mali had an argument with Patil and Dipak hours before the attack.
"Mali has been charged under IPC sections 302, 504 and 506 (2). He was produced before a holiday court in Bhoiwada and remanded till November 29," a police officer said.