Man held for killing 57-year-old
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Krishna Mali (34) was arrested around 2 pm on Saturday for allegedly killing the father-in-law of his former wife in Chunabhatti.
Mali went to Shankar Patil's (57) house and attacked him with a sickle. Patil's son Dipak rushed to his rescue. However, Mali fled, leaving the injured man at the doorstep.
Dipak took his father to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. Police said Mali was once married to Dipak's wife Vidya. They were neighbours in Khajuri Bhatti on V N Purav Marg, Chunabhatti (West). Mali and Vidya divorced recently and Dipak married her soon after. An upset Mali had an argument with Patil and Dipak hours before the attack.
"Mali has been charged under IPC sections 302, 504 and 506 (2). He was produced before a holiday court in Bhoiwada and remanded till November 29," a police officer said.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly