Man held for killing 57-year-old
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
Krishna Mali (34) was arrested around 2 pm on Saturday for allegedly killing the father-in-law of his former wife in Chunabhatti.
Mali went to Shankar Patil's (57) house and attacked him with a sickle. Patil's son Dipak rushed to his rescue. However, Mali fled, leaving the injured man at the doorstep.
Dipak took his father to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. Police said Mali was once married to Dipak's wife Vidya. They were neighbours in Khajuri Bhatti on V N Purav Marg, Chunabhatti (West). Mali and Vidya divorced recently and Dipak married her soon after. An upset Mali had an argument with Patil and Dipak hours before the attack.
"Mali has been charged under IPC sections 302, 504 and 506 (2). He was produced before a holiday court in Bhoiwada and remanded till November 29," a police officer said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18