Man held for molesting 8-year-old
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Police on Tuesday arrested a 45-year-old man for allegedly molesting his neighbour's eight year old daughter.
VP Road police identified the accused as Mahommed Farooq (45), a resident of Kumbharwada.
"The victim has alleged that on Monday afternoon, Farooq took her to a public bathroom in the area where he undressed and locked the door from inside, after which he tried to make her touch him inappropriately. However, she fled and went home, after which she told her mother what had happened," said senior inspector Rajendra Chavan.
The victim's mother took her to the police station. The police then recorded her statement and registered a complaint against Farooq late on Monday night, police said.
"Farooq has been booked for outraging modesty, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation under the Indian Penal Code. We have not yet invoked the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, although we are still discussing this. After being produced in court on Tuesday, he was remanded in judicial custody," Chavan added.
Navy rescues fishing boat in Arabian sea