Man held for molesting 8-year-old
- 2002-03 Mumbai blasts: Three convicts including Muzammil Ansari awarded life sentence
- Delhi HC refuses to grant interim protection to Virbhadra Singh's children
- President's rule in Uttarakhand: HC rejects Centre's plea for adjournment
- #PanamaPapersIndia Part 3: Bellary baron, tank tycoon, top industrialist
- Panama papers: Amid freeze in Iceland, warmth in Delhi
Police on Tuesday arrested a 45-year-old man for allegedly molesting his neighbour's eight year old daughter.
VP Road police identified the accused as Mahommed Farooq (45), a resident of Kumbharwada.
"The victim has alleged that on Monday afternoon, Farooq took her to a public bathroom in the area where he undressed and locked the door from inside, after which he tried to make her touch him inappropriately. However, she fled and went home, after which she told her mother what had happened," said senior inspector Rajendra Chavan.
The victim's mother took her to the police station. The police then recorded her statement and registered a complaint against Farooq late on Monday night, police said.
"Farooq has been booked for outraging modesty, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation under the Indian Penal Code. We have not yet invoked the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, although we are still discussing this. After being produced in court on Tuesday, he was remanded in judicial custody," Chavan added.
Navy rescues fishing boat in Arabian sea
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes
- Shani Shingnapur faceoff: A State For Men
- Our metros are held together by the weak glue of Facebook ties
- New hydrocarbon policy is an improvement. But govt must address ‘softer’ operating issues
- VP Ansari's remarks on protecting minority rights have been made before. But they bear repeating
- Family planning is at the core of the mission to reduce maternal and child mortality