Man held for molesting 8-year-old
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Police on Tuesday arrested a 45-year-old man for allegedly molesting his neighbour's eight year old daughter.
VP Road police identified the accused as Mahommed Farooq (45), a resident of Kumbharwada.
"The victim has alleged that on Monday afternoon, Farooq took her to a public bathroom in the area where he undressed and locked the door from inside, after which he tried to make her touch him inappropriately. However, she fled and went home, after which she told her mother what had happened," said senior inspector Rajendra Chavan.
The victim's mother took her to the police station. The police then recorded her statement and registered a complaint against Farooq late on Monday night, police said.
"Farooq has been booked for outraging modesty, wrongful confinement and criminal intimidation under the Indian Penal Code. We have not yet invoked the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, although we are still discussing this. After being produced in court on Tuesday, he was remanded in judicial custody," Chavan added.
Navy rescues fishing boat in Arabian sea
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now