Man held for molesting seven-year-old girl
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Mulund police Tuesday arrested a youth for allegedly molesting a seven-year-old girl from his locality. According to the police, the accused, Hashad Utekar (21) is an engineering student and stays in a chawl in Mulund (west).
The victim is the daughter of Utekar's neighbour and used to visit his house frequently. On Monday afternoon, she came to his house as both her parents had gone for work. He forced her to commit some sexual acts with him, after which he let her go home. He also threatened her against telling anyone, inspector Ravindra Sawant said.
On Monday evening, when the girl's parents returned from work, she told them about the incident, police said. They immediately took her to Mulund police station, and after recording her statement, police registered a complaint against Utekar. He was picked up from his residence. Police said the victim has been subjected to medical tests at the police hospital in Nagpada. The tests, however, ruled out rape.
Utekar has been remanded in judicial custody till December 24, Sawant said.