Man held for posing as examiner
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A man from Jalgaon was arrested by Chatushrungi police for allegedly impersonating as an external examiner during the recruitment process at a government polytechnic college in Aundh. The exam was being conducted for lower division clerk and store keeper.
The suspect, 41-year-old Vikas Ashok Kabra was arrested based on a complaint by a college staffer Mrinal Harihar Thakare. Two accomplices Harish Patil (36) and Jitendra Mahajan (24) both from Jalgaon have also been arrested for forging a letter showing Kabra was the examiner.
PSI S D Ghanwat said the recruitment was held between November 20 and November 23. Thakare was given the responsibility of appointing experts for assessing papers of the candidates. The suspect met the principal of the college and told him he was appointed as examiner and showed the letter .