Man held for raping minor daughter in Vikhroli
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father several times over the past one year in Vikhroli East, police said. The father was arrested Sunday night and remanded in police custody till February 7.
Police said the victim's father, a tailor, lives with his wife and nine children — seven girls and two boys. His two elder daughters are married. He allegedly raped his daughter eight times and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone.
On Sunday, afraid that he would rape her again, the girl allegedly confided in a friend, who then took her to Vikhroli police.
The accused has been charged under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as well as Section 4 (Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The police said that the girl's mother was aware of the abuse. "Six months ago, she told her mother about the abuse but she refused to believe her. We have sent both the victim and the accused to J J Hospital for medical examination," said Mahipat Indalkar, senior inspector.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress