Man held for raping minor daughter in Vikhroli
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father several times over the past one year in Vikhroli East, police said. The father was arrested Sunday night and remanded in police custody till February 7.
Police said the victim's father, a tailor, lives with his wife and nine children — seven girls and two boys. His two elder daughters are married. He allegedly raped his daughter eight times and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone.
On Sunday, afraid that he would rape her again, the girl allegedly confided in a friend, who then took her to Vikhroli police.
The accused has been charged under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as well as Section 4 (Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress