Man held for raping minor daughter in Vikhroli
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father several times over the past one year in Vikhroli East, police said. The father was arrested Sunday night and remanded in police custody till February 7.
Police said the victim's father, a tailor, lives with his wife and nine children — seven girls and two boys. His two elder daughters are married. He allegedly raped his daughter eight times and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone.
On Sunday, afraid that he would rape her again, the girl allegedly confided in a friend, who then took her to Vikhroli police.
The accused has been charged under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as well as Section 4 (Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi