Man held for raping minor daughter in Vikhroli
- Supreme Court orders Vijay Mallya to declare all assets, banks reject his proposal
- #PanamaPapers India Part 4: Tyre dealer, boutique owner, top CA
- Panama Papers: FIFA ethics judge Damiani resigns while under suspicion
- This isn’t India, get us out of here: Protesting students at NIT Srinagar
- Manmohan Singh hits out against Modi govt, says its Pakistan policy is 'in shambles'
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father several times over the past one year in Vikhroli East, police said. The father was arrested Sunday night and remanded in police custody till February 7.
Police said the victim's father, a tailor, lives with his wife and nine children — seven girls and two boys. His two elder daughters are married. He allegedly raped his daughter eight times and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone.
On Sunday, afraid that he would rape her again, the girl allegedly confided in a friend, who then took her to Vikhroli police.
The accused has been charged under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as well as Section 4 (Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- Nuclear Security Summit brought a timely focus on the link between nuclear and cyber security
- Baba Patriotism: Why Ramdev would do well to go into vanvaas
- Telescope: Anandi to Pratyusha
- From nuclear decision-making to foreign relations, Sharif seems to be gasping for breath
- No jobs in sight: There is a mounting employment crisis in India
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes