Man held for raping minor daughter in Vikhroli
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father several times over the past one year in Vikhroli East, police said. The father was arrested Sunday night and remanded in police custody till February 7.
Police said the victim's father, a tailor, lives with his wife and nine children — seven girls and two boys. His two elder daughters are married. He allegedly raped his daughter eight times and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone.
On Sunday, afraid that he would rape her again, the girl allegedly confided in a friend, who then took her to Vikhroli police.
The accused has been charged under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as well as Section 4 (Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The police said that the girl's mother was aware of the abuse. "Six months ago, she told her mother about the abuse but she refused to believe her. We have sent both the victim and the accused to J J Hospital for medical examination," said Mahipat Indalkar, senior inspector.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'