Man held for raping minor daughter in Vikhroli
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father several times over the past one year in Vikhroli East, police said. The father was arrested Sunday night and remanded in police custody till February 7.
Police said the victim's father, a tailor, lives with his wife and nine children — seven girls and two boys. His two elder daughters are married. He allegedly raped his daughter eight times and threatened her with dire consequences if she told anyone.
On Sunday, afraid that he would rape her again, the girl allegedly confided in a friend, who then took her to Vikhroli police.
The accused has been charged under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as well as Section 4 (Aggravated Penetrative Sexual Assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
The police said that the girl's mother was aware of the abuse. "Six months ago, she told her mother about the abuse but she refused to believe her. We have sent both the victim and the accused to J J Hospital for medical examination," said Mahipat Indalkar, senior inspector.