Man held for raping minor girl last year
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi says Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka (RSVP) model looted India
The Haryana Police on Tuesday arrested a resident of Myna village in Rohtak district on charges of raping a 15-year-old girl of the same village, last year.
The victim had on Monday lodged a complaint with the Rohtak police alleging that she was raped by Manoj (22) on March 8 last year. A 15-year-old boy, also from the same village, had made an MMS and circulated it, she added.
"The victim belongs to a Dalit community. Her parents are labourers. The victim, in her statement, alleged that on March 8, she was abducted by Manoj, who took her to a secluded spot and raped her. Another 15-year-old boy, recorded the rape on his mobile phone and circulated it. Another villager, Satpal, later started threatening the victim on the basis of the MMS and was blackmailing her for the last few days", Ved Singh, spokesperson of Rohtak district police said.
Frustrated with the blackmailing, the victim narrated the entire incident to her parents on Monday who then took her to the police and lodged a formal complaint. The victim was medically examined at Rohtak's civil hospital and her statement will be recorded under Section 164 CrPC.
"The prime accused, Manoj, has been arrested on charges of rape. His juvenile accomplice has been identified and is likely to be arrested soon. Satpal is absconding. Manoj will be produced in court on Wednesday and we will seek custody to recover the MMS," the spokesperson said.