Man held for raping sister-in-law
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Chandigarh:The Haryana Police on Saturday arrested a Karnal resident for allegedly raping his sister-in-law six months ago. The accused, Rajesh (23) was arrested after the victim's mother lodged a complaint with police on Friday alleging that Rajesh had raped her daughter when she was alone at home on August 9. He allegedly threatened her with dire consequences.
3 commit suicide over love affair
Rewari:Apparently upset over her son's affair with a girl of a different caste, a widow, Geeta Devi(50), allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her residence at Rampura village near here, police said. When her son Ajay came to know about the incident, he along with the girl, Khusboo (19), also ended their lives by hanging themselves.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say