Man held for raping teenage step-daughter
- 'Design in India' as essential as 'Make in India': PM Narendra Modi
- No deal over GST Bill and removal of Raje, Swaraj: Congress
- Lalit Modi offered directorship to Swaraj's husband, withdrew it later: Indofil
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout, Germany sceptical
- UK Food Standards Agency finds made-in-India Maggi safe to eat
A man has been arrested for allegedly raping his teenage step-daughter, which led to her pregnancy, police said on Sunday.
Acting on the 15-year-old girl's complaint, the accused was arrested yesterday when he was on his way to Sultanpur in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The girl had alleged that the accused had raped her and also used to threaten to kill her if she told about the incident to anyone.
She was medically examined and the reports confirmed that she was pregnant, they said.
A case was registered under sections 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC and under provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act on the basis of the girl's complaint, they said.
During investigation, it was found that the accused had fled, but his tenant form stated that he belonged to Sultanpur area of Uttar Pradesh, after which he was nabbed with the help of electronic surveillance, police said.