Man held for torturing his second wife who committed suicide
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
A 39-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly torturing his second wife until she finally ended her life on Saturday, the police said today. The police have named the accused as Hari Chandu Chatpat, Devi Chandu Chatpat, Geeta and Prashant Naik.
While Hari has been arrested, the others are yet to be arrested the police said, adding that they have been charged under Sections 306, 304(b), 498(a), 504 and 506 read with Section 34 of the Indian Penal Code.
Assistant police inspector Bhimrao N Jankar of the Srinagar police station under the Wagle Estate Division told mthis correspondent today that Hari Chandu Chatpat who was already married and had two children, got married a second time to the deceased victim, Neha Hari Chatpat (37).
He and his family members allegedly hid the fact that he was already married and took advantage of the hapless lady. They allegedly tortured the victim frequently, due to which she hung herself to death in the house, the police said.
One of the accused who has been booked in the case allegedly threatened the victim and told her that she should commit suicide if she did not wish to live with them. Allegedly, her husband categorically told her that he had married her just for the sake of taking care of his two kids and nothing else, and that if she did not like it, she should simply commit suicide, the complaint said. A further probe into the matter is on, the police said.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket