Man held for trying to sell deer antlers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
A resident of Moradabad has been arrested for attempting to sell deer antlers in Inderlok, West Delhi. Sampann Sharma has been booked under various provisions of the Wildlife Protection Act. POlice had received a tip-off that Sharma would be in Inderlok to sell antlers of chital deer.
A head constable was sent as a decoy customer to Sharma. The policeman offered advance money to Sharma and asked that he be shown the antlers. Police reportedly found two sets of antlers, one still attached to the head bone, in a sack on the backseat of Sharma's car. The antlers have been seized.
Sharma reportedly denied the allegation of poaching and told police that the antlers were family heirloom and he wanted to sell them due to financial constraints.
Sharma was produced before the court of ACMM G N Pandey and has been sent to a 14-day judicial custody. The case has been transferred to a wildlife inspector for further investigation.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18