Man held in Arun Jaitley call details case once helped police trace Afzal Guru
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Anurag helped police between 2000 and 2003. In 2005, he floated a detective agency. A year later, he was arrested for his alleged role in the Amar Singh phone tapping case. He spent time in custody and the case is still in court. After his release on bail, Anurag invested in the stock market, and entered the business of surveillance equipment. He imported high-end gadgets from Singapore, Israel and China, police said.
Anurag is among the four men arrested who, police claim, illegally obtained call detail records of BJP leader Arun Jaitley. According to police, one of them broke into email accounts of officers and sent requests for CDRs. Anurag is currently in police custody where he is being questioned.