Man jailed for 7 yrs for rape of minor girl
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A man has been sentenced to seven years in jail by a Delhi court for kidnapping and raping his 16-year-old neighbour.
Additional Sessions Judge Vijay Kumar Dahiya convicted 36-year-old Nepal native Krishan Prasad Sharma of rape and kidnapping the girl, saying he "ruined" her life by committing the "immoral act".
"The offence committed by the convict is more serious in nature and convict, in total disregard to moral and social values, went on ruining her life by committing immoral act of the highest order.
"It is evident that convict treated the prosecutrix only as an object to fulfil his sexual desire. The offence committed by him is too heinous and, therefore, he does not deserve any leniency," the court said, imposing a fine of Rs 8,000 on Krishan.
Krishan was arrested after the victim's mother lodged a complaint with the police on March 16, 2011 alleging that he had kidnapped her minor daughter.
After her recovery from Krishna's custody, the girl told police that he had called her up on the day of incident saying her mother has met an accident and has been admitted to Safdarjung Hospital.
She added as she rushed for the hospital, Krishna met her on way in a car, which had two other men in it, and offered her to take her to the hospital.
She said inside the car, they gave her some sedative-laced eatables due to which she lost her consciousness. She said she was taken to a room, where he kept her for 23 days and raped her repeatedly. Later he took her to some hotel and there also raped her.
Observing that the witnesses and the girl have supported the case of the prosecution and the medical evidence too has fortified the prosecution case, the court convicted Krishan.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties