Man kills daughter in a fit of rage
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra
The Yerawada police arrested a man for allegedly killing his daughter Bushra (6) by strangling her in a fit of rage. Police said Rafiq Khan (28) of Shila Salve Nagar in Yerawada would fight with his wife Rizwana following which she would go to her parents' house. She would stay there for a month or so during which he would beat up their two daughters, Bushra and Aashiya (11). On Sunday, after another fight, Rizwana had gone to her parents' house. Fearing for the two girls, Khan's mother took them to their relatives place. But Khan tracked them down and bought back his daughter Bushra. The case is being probed by senior inspector Kishor Jadhav of Yerawada police station.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi