Man murders friend for demanding snacks
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
A man was murdered by his friend for asking him to get snacks and water when they were consuming alcohol on Wednesday night in Malwani. Malwani police arrested 30-year-old Randhir Gaurang for allegedly killing Tanaji Kamble.
A quarrel started between them as Gaurang was irked by Kamble's demand for food and water, when they were consuming alcohol at Ruia compound, police said. "Kamble kept asking Gaurang to get snacks and water to which he refused. Kamble picked up a bamboo stick to hit him. Gaurang picked up a stone and hit Kamble on the head and fled," said A Shaikh, senior police inspector of Malwani police.
Kamble was a Charkop resident who got acquainted with Gaurang in Malwani where Kamble's brother Vasant and Gaurang are neighbours.
Cops said Malwani residents spotted the body and informed them. Cops questioned Vasant who told them Kamble had gone with Gaurang.
Gaurang was traced through his mobile phone location and was arrested from Poisar of Kandivali.
Youth arrested for killing friend
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages