Man on trial after girlfriend dies in 'brutal' sex game based on 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A Swedish man is to stand trial for the killing of his girlfriend in a brutal 'Fifty Shades of Grey' sado-masochistic style sex game which ended in her death last October.
The 28-year-old German woman, who was tied up with nylon tights and condoms, was beaten 123 times with a wooden blackboard pointer.
Her 31-year-old "master" said that she was a willing "sex slave" in their sado-masochistic games.
But after her death, police discovered her diary in which she had written that "You once said you did not want to see me in real pain. I am subservient but no masochist."
The man was charged this week in connection with her death.
Police said that the man raised alarm after she stopped breathing during their violent sex session and that he tried to resuscitate her before the ambulance arrived at his home in Umea, northern Sweden.
The victim, who had sustained terrible brain damage as a result of her airways being restricted, was treated for two days in the intensive care ward of a local hospital before her life support machines were switched off.
The woman - an exchange student - arrived in Sweden to meet her "boyfriend" she had befriended during a previous visit and with whom she kept in contact on the internet.
Police also said that the woman had been taking a cocaine substitute and drinking alcohol before the brutal sex session.