Man posing as HC judge demands escort vehicle, held
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Police on Tuesday claimed to have arrested a man who impersonated as a Punjab and Haryana High Court judge and recovered fake ID cards from his possession. The trickster was identified as Nitin Jain, police said.
SSP Harcharan Singh Bhullar said that Jain had called on his (Bhullar's) phone saying that he was a Punjab and Haryana High Court judge and asked for an escort vehicle.
After providing him the escort vehicle, the police suspected his credential as Jain stayed in a local hotel instead of putting up in government accommodation, he said.
When police asked him to prove his identity, Jain produced an identity card showing him as Additional District and Session Judge of Ajitgarh, having forged signatures of a former Chief Justice Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Quizzed further, Jain presented another letter showing him to be elevated as a High Court judge. The letter carried forged signature of Chief Justice Punjab and Haryana High Court Justice A K Sikri, police claimed.
The police seized his car and recovered some fake documents. Police also questioned his driver. During preliminary interrogations, he disclosed that the car was hired by Jain four days ago.
SSP said that Jain was an LLB pass out from Ganganagar.
The city police have registered a case section 420 (cheating), 467 (forgery), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document) of the IPC.