Man rapes daughter for eight years, held
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Cuffe Parade police arrested a 42-year-old man Thursday for allegedly raping his 17-year-old daughter since she was nine. He has been booked under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA), 2012.
Police said the matter came to light Thursday morning. The accused had gone to his daughter's Ganesh Murti Nagar, Cuffe Parade, residence. He allegedly insisted she sleep with him. When she refused, he started hitting her. The commotion attracted attention of neighbours, who called police.
"The girl told us her father repeatedly raped her in his Prabhadevi residence since she was nine. About a month ago, he bought her a small room in Cuffe Parade, while he continued to stay with his second wife in Prabhadevi. First wife divorced him some years ago and went to stay in her native Uttar Pradesh," said DCP Ravindra Shisve (zone 1).
"Medical reports confirmed rape. The accused earns a living by renting out a Tata Indica to tourists. We will produce him in court Friday," he said.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China