Man rapes daughter for eight years, held
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Cuffe Parade police arrested a 42-year-old man Thursday for allegedly raping his 17-year-old daughter since she was nine. He has been booked under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA), 2012.
Police said the matter came to light Thursday morning. The accused had gone to his daughter's Ganesh Murti Nagar, Cuffe Parade, residence. He allegedly insisted she sleep with him. When she refused, he started hitting her. The commotion attracted attention of neighbours, who called police.
"The girl told us her father repeatedly raped her in his Prabhadevi residence since she was nine. About a month ago, he bought her a small room in Cuffe Parade, while he continued to stay with his second wife in Prabhadevi. First wife divorced him some years ago and went to stay in her native Uttar Pradesh," said DCP Ravindra Shisve (zone 1).
"Medical reports confirmed rape. The accused earns a living by renting out a Tata Indica to tourists. We will produce him in court Friday," he said.
Police are investigating whether the accused's first or second wife knew about the exploitation, and whether this was the reason he sent the victim to stay in Cuffe Parade.