Man rapes daughter for eight years, held
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Cuffe Parade police arrested a 42-year-old man Thursday for allegedly raping his 17-year-old daughter since she was nine. He has been booked under IPC as well as Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (PCSOA), 2012.
Police said the matter came to light Thursday morning. The accused had gone to his daughter's Ganesh Murti Nagar, Cuffe Parade, residence. He allegedly insisted she sleep with him. When she refused, he started hitting her. The commotion attracted attention of neighbours, who called police.
"The girl told us her father repeatedly raped her in his Prabhadevi residence since she was nine. About a month ago, he bought her a small room in Cuffe Parade, while he continued to stay with his second wife in Prabhadevi. First wife divorced him some years ago and went to stay in her native Uttar Pradesh," said DCP Ravindra Shisve (zone 1).
"Medical reports confirmed rape. The accused earns a living by renting out a Tata Indica to tourists. We will produce him in court Friday," he said.
Police are investigating whether the accused's first or second wife knew about the exploitation, and whether this was the reason he sent the victim to stay in Cuffe Parade.