Man robbed of 2 kg gold
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Three unidentified miscreants attacked and looted around 2 kg gold from a businessman in Lucknow's Charbagh area on Wednesday morning.
Meerut-based businessman Vishal Chandra Jain along with his servant Mohit was going on a tempo, when three youths — who were also travelling in the same vehicle — hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and escaped with his bag containing gold. A native of Sadar locality in Meerut, Jain suffered injuries on his hand and face. He has been discharged from hospital after first aid.
Investigating Officer and Sub-Inspector Mani Shankar said Jain told them that he was going to deliver around 2 kg gold to a shop in Chowk area when the incident took place. Jain runs a jewellery shop in Meerut. Shankar said, they have no information whether the gold was insured or not.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress