Man robbed of 2 kg gold
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Three unidentified miscreants attacked and looted around 2 kg gold from a businessman in Lucknow's Charbagh area on Wednesday morning.
Meerut-based businessman Vishal Chandra Jain along with his servant Mohit was going on a tempo, when three youths — who were also travelling in the same vehicle — hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and escaped with his bag containing gold. A native of Sadar locality in Meerut, Jain suffered injuries on his hand and face. He has been discharged from hospital after first aid.
Investigating Officer and Sub-Inspector Mani Shankar said Jain told them that he was going to deliver around 2 kg gold to a shop in Chowk area when the incident took place. Jain runs a jewellery shop in Meerut. Shankar said, they have no information whether the gold was insured or not.