Man robbed of 2 kg gold
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Three unidentified miscreants attacked and looted around 2 kg gold from a businessman in Lucknow's Charbagh area on Wednesday morning.
Meerut-based businessman Vishal Chandra Jain along with his servant Mohit was going on a tempo, when three youths — who were also travelling in the same vehicle — hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and escaped with his bag containing gold. A native of Sadar locality in Meerut, Jain suffered injuries on his hand and face. He has been discharged from hospital after first aid.
Investigating Officer and Sub-Inspector Mani Shankar said Jain told them that he was going to deliver around 2 kg gold to a shop in Chowk area when the incident took place. Jain runs a jewellery shop in Meerut. Shankar said, they have no information whether the gold was insured or not.