Man robbed of 2 kg gold
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Three unidentified miscreants attacked and looted around 2 kg gold from a businessman in Lucknow's Charbagh area on Wednesday morning.
Meerut-based businessman Vishal Chandra Jain along with his servant Mohit was going on a tempo, when three youths — who were also travelling in the same vehicle — hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and escaped with his bag containing gold. A native of Sadar locality in Meerut, Jain suffered injuries on his hand and face. He has been discharged from hospital after first aid.
Investigating Officer and Sub-Inspector Mani Shankar said Jain told them that he was going to deliver around 2 kg gold to a shop in Chowk area when the incident took place. Jain runs a jewellery shop in Meerut. Shankar said, they have no information whether the gold was insured or not.
According to the police, Jain said that in the morning he reached Lucknow and took a tempo for Chowk. When the vehicle reached Naka Hindola crossing, the youths attacked him, snatched the bag and escaped. Later, Jain reached Naka police station and reported the incident. On the basis of the complaint filed by Jain, an FIR against three unidentified persons was lodged.