Man robbed of 2 kg gold
- Record Hindu swing in Assam, Cong in decline, states rising
- CBSE Class 12 result declared, Delhi girl tops board
- CBSE results: 83.05 per cent students passed, 2.38 per cent higher than 2015
- Coming to avenge Babri, Kashmir, Gujarat, Muzaffarnagar: ISIS video
- Asked about Trump, Tim Cook says diversity our basic value
Three unidentified miscreants attacked and looted around 2 kg gold from a businessman in Lucknow's Charbagh area on Wednesday morning.
Meerut-based businessman Vishal Chandra Jain along with his servant Mohit was going on a tempo, when three youths — who were also travelling in the same vehicle — hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and escaped with his bag containing gold. A native of Sadar locality in Meerut, Jain suffered injuries on his hand and face. He has been discharged from hospital after first aid.
Investigating Officer and Sub-Inspector Mani Shankar said Jain told them that he was going to deliver around 2 kg gold to a shop in Chowk area when the incident took place. Jain runs a jewellery shop in Meerut. Shankar said, they have no information whether the gold was insured or not.
- Neither BJP nor Congress have a truly national footprint today
- When will the Congress realise that its dynasty is running out of charisma?
- The reverses Congress faced in the elections can not be blamed on Rahul
- Inside Track: Missing Guru
- Assembly polls prove voter is focused on development, not dynasty or caste math
- Comrade Sitaram Yechury’s historic blunder