Man robbed of 2 kg gold
- PM Modi at UN General Assembly: Women's development integral part of our development plans
- PM Modi in US: What scares CEOs about doing business with India
- Pak expresses 'deep concern' about India's plan to build wall along LoC
- Barack Obama, Xi Jinping agree: US, China won't conduct cybertheft
- Volkswagen faces probe in India after emission standards scandal
Three unidentified miscreants attacked and looted around 2 kg gold from a businessman in Lucknow's Charbagh area on Wednesday morning.
Meerut-based businessman Vishal Chandra Jain along with his servant Mohit was going on a tempo, when three youths — who were also travelling in the same vehicle — hit him with the butt of a country-made pistol and escaped with his bag containing gold. A native of Sadar locality in Meerut, Jain suffered injuries on his hand and face. He has been discharged from hospital after first aid.
Investigating Officer and Sub-Inspector Mani Shankar said Jain told them that he was going to deliver around 2 kg gold to a shop in Chowk area when the incident took place. Jain runs a jewellery shop in Meerut. Shankar said, they have no information whether the gold was insured or not.