Man sells land to three different buyers
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Police arrested one person on Tuesday for forging the documents to sell a four-acre land to three people that belonged to a woman of Mauli village in Panchkula.
According to police they arrested Balwinder Singh, a resident of Dera Bassi, for selling the land that belonged to Mamta Devi, to three persons without her knowledge. Police officials said that the four-acre agriculture land was shown by Singh to them to be his own land and he also received the money from them.
However when the people to whom the land was sold came to take over the possession of the land they found that the land belonged to somebody else. Interestingly the accused after selling the land to one person later re-sold the same land to another person and then to a third person who were from Chandigarh and Mauli village.
Police officials investigating the case said that Balwinder Singh had also forged the documents claiming that he owned the land. However the people who were duped approached the police which has registered the case under Sections 406,420 and 120-B of the IPC.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi