Man sentenced to death for rape of four-year-old girl
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
A court in Manawar town in Dhar district today awarded capital punishment to a man for raping and murdering a four-year-old girl last month.
The incident took place on November 1 this year and the sentence was awarded to him in just over a month period by Additional District Judge Avinash Kumar Khare.
The accused identified as Sunil Balai had taken away the little girl from near her house and later raped her in a field, the prosecution said.
After raping her, he also murdered her on the spot, the prosecution said.
Sunil was arrested by the Manawar police under Section 376 and Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code same day and was later produced in a court for trial which awarded him capital punishment.