Man sentenced to death for rape of four-year-old girl
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
A court in Manawar town in Dhar district today awarded capital punishment to a man for raping and murdering a four-year-old girl last month.
The incident took place on November 1 this year and the sentence was awarded to him in just over a month period by Additional District Judge Avinash Kumar Khare.
The accused identified as Sunil Balai had taken away the little girl from near her house and later raped her in a field, the prosecution said.
After raping her, he also murdered her on the spot, the prosecution said.
Sunil was arrested by the Manawar police under Section 376 and Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code same day and was later produced in a court for trial which awarded him capital punishment.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling