Man shoots at ‘lover’, self
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A man allegedly shot at a girl before shooting himself in Gudamba area on Thursday afternoon. Both were hospitalised in a critical condition.
The police said Deepak Soni (22), a resident of Rajauli village, shot at Shivanshi Soni (20) who lives in his neighbourhood, with a country-made gun. Shivanshi had gone to buy some medicines when Deepak met her and shot at her head after a brief argument. Later, he shot himself. Police said Deepak is a goldsmith and works at a jewellery store in Aliganj area, while Shivanshi is not employed and stays at home. Sub-Inspector Dheeraj Singh, who is investigating the case, said a note was recovered from Deepak's pocket which said that they had been in love since childhood but were unable to get married as Shivanshi cannot talk to her family about their relationship. Therefore, Deepak was killing the girl and himself, said the note.