Man shoots dead father over property
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
A 35-year-old man allegedly shot his father dead in Kanbha area in the outskirts of Ahmedabad on Saturday.
According to Kanbha police, Jaswant Maturkar, 68, resident of Vivekanandnagar, Hathijan, was first manhandled by his youngest son Darshan at around 9:30 am. Following the heated argument Darshan allegedly pulled a country-made gun in his father's mouth and fired.
Police said Maturkar, an Ayurvedic doctor, died soon after the incident. They said reason behind the incident was property of Maturkar. Darshan was on the run after the incident, police said.
"Maturkar had three sons who live separately. His youngest son is an alcoholic who was eyeing on his property. Earlier, he had torture his father many times for the same reason," a police officer said.