Man shoots his wife dead, injures father-in-law
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Cong in LS, assembly polls
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Karkardooma Metro Station 30-year-old man was upset over a marital discord case, wife had gone to court for a hearing.
His red Maruti Alto, with Deepti written across the rear windscreen, was still parked outside the Karkardooma Metro station, East Delhi, when police reached there after they were informed of a shooting on the station premises on Tuesday.
But the owner of the car, Pawan (30), had fled the crime scene after shooting dead his wife of seven years — Deepti (27). Pawan also critically injured Deepti's father, Bhisham Das (58) — who suffered two bullet injuries.
Police said Pawan shot Deepti and Das with a double-barrel gun while they were on an escalator inside the station premises. The gun, police said, was recovered from the bushes outside the station.
Police spokesperson said the shooting took place a little after 12 noon when Deepti and Das were on their way home to Chirag Dilli, South Delhi, after attending a hearing at the Karkardooma courts.
According to police, Deepti and Pawan married in 2005 and had daughters. But a few years later, they fell apart and Deepti moved back to her parents' home on 2012.
"A case under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act is pending in this regard. Pawan did not wish to stay with Deepti. There was a hearing of the case today in Karkardooma court, after which, she was returning to her parental home. Pawan shot at the two with his father's gun," a police officer said.
Police said Pawan ran up the stairs parallel to the escalator and shot his wife and father-in-law.
"Deepti received a bullet in her back. It pierced through her heart and exited from the chest. She died on the spot. Das received two bullet injuries — in right shoulder and left thigh. He is at GTB Hospital and has undergone an operation. He suffered excess bleeding and is critical," the officer said.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy