Man, sister-in-law found dead in lodge room
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
The bodies of a 45-year-old man and his 40-year-old sister-in-law were found in the room of a lodge on Alandi Road here on Sunday morning. Police suspect the two to have committed suicide.
The Vishrantwadi police have identified the deceased as Suresh Purigosavi, a resident of Shivne, and Asha Jagannath Giri, a resident of Uttamnagar. Details about what they did for a living could not be ascertained.
Sub-Inspector D M Chandan said: "The two had come to the lodge around 8.45 pm on Saturday. The incident came to light on Sunday morning, when the lodge employees did not get any response to their calls to the room. We had to break open the door. We found Purigosavi hanging from the ceiling fan while Giri was lying on the bed. We suspect her to have consumed poison. But only an autopsy report would confirm it."
Chandan said no suicide note was found in the room. "We do not know the exact reason behind the suicides. We are yet to record the statements of the relatives," he said.