Man stabs mom-in-law for trying to ‘break’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Gaurav Manjrekar (29) was arrested by Vile Parle Police on Tuesday for allegedly stabbing his mother-in-law in the neck with a saline needle five times for forcing his wife to divorce him. Police said Manjrekar was frustrated after losing job and was angry with mother-in-law Kalpana Achrekar (55). He was employed with a private firm in Bandra-Kurla Complex till July and lived near Pareshwar Society in Vile Parle (East) with wife. They had married in December 2010. Police said Kalpana of Dikshit Road in Vile Parle (East) was admitted to Nityanand Hospital on November 8 for TB treatment. After Manjrekar lost his job, she had been asking her daughter to divorce him. On November 9, Manjrekar and wife went to visit Kalpana around 9 am. Later, the wife left for work and Manjrekar returned home. He came back to the hospital after a while, entered Kaplana's room between 10.30 and 10.45 am and stabbed her. Manjrekar told the hospital authorities that Kalpana tried to kill herself. However, she told police after regaining consciousness that Manjrekar attacked her.