Man stabs mom-in-law for trying to ‘break’
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Elections 2014 Live: FIR filed against Hema Malini, Pawar campaigns for daughter Supriya
Gaurav Manjrekar (29) was arrested by Vile Parle Police on Tuesday for allegedly stabbing his mother-in-law in the neck with a saline needle five times for forcing his wife to divorce him. Police said Manjrekar was frustrated after losing job and was angry with mother-in-law Kalpana Achrekar (55). He was employed with a private firm in Bandra-Kurla Complex till July and lived near Pareshwar Society in Vile Parle (East) with wife. They had married in December 2010. Police said Kalpana of Dikshit Road in Vile Parle (East) was admitted to Nityanand Hospital on November 8 for TB treatment. After Manjrekar lost his job, she had been asking her daughter to divorce him. On November 9, Manjrekar and wife went to visit Kalpana around 9 am. Later, the wife left for work and Manjrekar returned home. He came back to the hospital after a while, entered Kaplana's room between 10.30 and 10.45 am and stabbed her. Manjrekar told the hospital authorities that Kalpana tried to kill herself. However, she told police after regaining consciousness that Manjrekar attacked her.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit