Man threatens to set himself on fire, arrested
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
UT police officials went on high alert when the Police Control Room received a call that a man is going to set himself ablaze in front of the police headquarters on Wednesday. Pradeep Garg, a resident of Sector 34 had allegedly called a friend telling about his intentions who later informed the police. Police officials were deputed outside the headquarters. One of the police officials said that the man came to the headquarters but finding the police personnel, he fled. Following this, he called the control room that he will do the same in front of the official residence of Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Alok Kumar in Sector 16. Police officials were sent to the residence of DIG in civil dress. Pradeep was arrested by the police before he could attempt anything. Garg, a property dealer, told the police during investigation that he had been tense for a long time as a person Madan Lal, was not returning his cash. However, the police officials confirmed that there are Economical Offences registered against Pradeep. Police has booked Pradeep on charges of attempt to suicide and he will be produced in court today.
21-year-old commits suicide
Chandigarh: A 21-year-old committed suicide blaming herself in the suicide note. Monika, a student of nursing was living in a rented accommodation in Sector 49. She had come to Chandigarh for the treatment of her mother. Monika is a native from Ludhiana. Her mother was undergoing a treatment in PGIMER. Reportedly, on Wednesday morning, Monika did not open the door of her room for a long time. When the neighbours knocked no one answered. Eventually, the police was informed. After the door of Monika's room was broken, Monika was found hanging from the ceiling fan. The police officials rushed her to GMSH-16 where she was declared dead on arrival. A suicide note was found in the room on which she had written that she herself is the reason for taking such a step and and asked her parents not to mourn.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18