Man threatens to set himself on fire, arrested
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
UT police officials went on high alert when the Police Control Room received a call that a man is going to set himself ablaze in front of the police headquarters on Wednesday. Pradeep Garg, a resident of Sector 34 had allegedly called a friend telling about his intentions who later informed the police. Police officials were deputed outside the headquarters. One of the police officials said that the man came to the headquarters but finding the police personnel, he fled. Following this, he called the control room that he will do the same in front of the official residence of Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Alok Kumar in Sector 16. Police officials were sent to the residence of DIG in civil dress. Pradeep was arrested by the police before he could attempt anything. Garg, a property dealer, told the police during investigation that he had been tense for a long time as a person Madan Lal, was not returning his cash. However, the police officials confirmed that there are Economical Offences registered against Pradeep. Police has booked Pradeep on charges of attempt to suicide and he will be produced in court today.
21-year-old commits suicide
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.