Man who attacked cop in drunken state held
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Vakola resident Kashmirasingh Lakhanpal, who allegedly assaulted a police constable under the influence of alcohol in September last year, was arrested Wednesday. Lakhanpal had fled the city after the incident.
Police learned that he had returned and picked him up from Yogiraj Ashram area where he resides.
"In September last year, the police station received a call from residents of Yogiraj Ashram that an inebriated man was creating a ruckus in the area. When our two constables confronted Lakhanpal, he began arguing. He later assaulted one of them and fled," said Vakola police senior inspector Rajendra Pardeshi.
Police registered a case of assault with the intention of obstructing a government official but could not arrest Lakhanpal as he fled the city the same night.
"Wednesday, we received information from our sources that Lakhanpal had returned to the area. We sent a team and arrested him in the night," said Pardeshi.
Lakhanpal is a habitual drinker who lives in a hut and does odd jobs, police said. He was produced in court Thursday and granted bail.