Man who orchestrated riots in Gujarat will lose: Mulayam
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra
Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav launched a vitriolic attack at BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, referring him as "Manavta Ka Hatyara" during the party's rally at Badaun on Friday.
Mulayam also claimed that his rally's attendance was twice more than Modi's rally held at Varanasi on the day.
Mulayam, along with Akhilesh Yadav, addressed the Badaun after laying the foundation stone of a state medical college at Badaun
The rally was organised by party's Badaun MP and Mulayam's nephew Dharmendra Yadav.
"Modi had instigated massacre in Gujarat. At that time, I had stated in Parliament that Modi is 'Manavta Ka Hatyara. Isney Gujarat mein hazaron ko marwaya tha, desh ki janata kabhi maaf nahi karegi," Mulayam said.
He said people of the country do not want a "Manavta ka hatyara" to become the prime minister.
"Today, the fight is between Mulayam and Modi and people of the state will stand by me. People will support SP and communal forces will be defeated. In a fight between Modi and Mulayam, Modi will lose," Mulayam claimed.
He also said Modi is touring UP for its 80 seats, as he knows that 26 seats of Gujarat cannot make him a PM.
"In 1990, the communal forces had posed a challenge, and we defeated them. Now they are again challenging us, we will again defeat them," he said.
Claiming his rally to be more successful than Modi's, Mulayam said: "BJP spends crores of rupees for Modi's rally. Our Badaun rally has twice more people than Modi's rally in Varanasi, media can cross-check it. Earlier, I had no plan to come to Badaun, but due to love of the people, I came," he said.
CM Akhilesh Yadav claimed that the SP is not lagging behind in any field. "We have recorded more crowd in our rally than Modi's and we are also using latest technological tools, now no one call us lagging in this aspect also," Akhilesh said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi