Man who posed as woman to rob motorists arrested
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi has lowered the standard of political discourse in the country, says Chavan
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP set for another big total as Maxwell punishes SRH
Babu Vyapari (22) used to dress up as a woman and go to secluded places in the city, asking for a lift. As soon as he got a lift, Babu would assault and rob the driver. Several complaints of robbery and assault were registered at various police stations, accusing a woman of using this modus operandi. On Thursday night, Delhi Police arrested Babu near Moolchand Flyover.
A native of West Bengal, Babu came to Delhi in search of a job two years ago. He couldn't find one, but devised a plan to rob people for a quick buck. He always worked alone.
"Babu used to dress up and walk like a woman. During questioning, we found that he is a man, and not a eunuch. He told us that a eunuch had taught him how to behave like a woman and that he practised it thoroughly," a police officer said.
On Wednesday night, a businessman was returning home from work, when he offered Babu a lift on Moolchand Flyover. "The accused sat in the car and asked the businessman to drop him to Lajpat Nagar. Soon after, he told Khan to stop the car. As the businessman stopped, Babu whipped out a blade and asked him to hand over all his belongings. After taking a gold chain, money and other valuables, Babu slashed the businessman's face and fled," the officer said.
The businessman did not inform police about the incident. On Thursday night, Khan took the same route home and saw Babu at the same place. He made a PCR call and Babu was arrested.
During questioning, Babu told police that he had identified 10 places in South and Southeast and would target motorists after 11 pm. The stretches include Moolchand, Ashram, Oberoi Hotel, Ring Road, Greater Kailash, South Extension, etc.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready