Man with the golden boot
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
It is perhaps in the fitness of things that Leo ended up with FC Barcelona — the club that not only kept the Second Republic alive against the Nationalists but also the Catalonian centrifugal spirit against the pulls of Castile and Madrid long after the civil war. For Messi paints a sad and lonely picture. Argentina is a bigger footballing power than Spain still, but its greatest player hasn't taken it to glory. That player drives Barca, with all the help Iniesta can offer. But his dual citizenship is of no use in Spain's all-round triumph. Incidentally, Zambia claims that most goals in a calendar year were scored by late Godfrey Chitalu (107 or 116 in 1972). But Fifa protests the lack of records. So the net is all Messi's.