Managing strong distribution Network through B2B E-commerce
- TV channels threaten to blackout Kejriwal campaign
- Missing Malaysian jet: India clears its passengers
- BJP reacts angrily to Rahul Gandhi raking up 2002 riots issue
- BJP's 'Chai Pe Charcha' may run into Election Commission trouble
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
By Shiv Bhambri
While the electronics industry in India is projected to touch US $350 billion by 2020, the country's e-commerce market is expected to grow to US $70 billion during the period. And though there seems to be no similarities between the two markets, a quick look at RS Components' go-to-market-strategy reveals how this global leader in maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) has managed to marry the two to create a unique delivery and client engagement channel.
It is interesting to note that while IRCTC, makemytrip.com, Flipkart, ebay, OLX, Quikr, Jabong etc. are fast changing the 'Indian' way of life, taking e-commerce adoption in the country to newer heights, RS Components—the world's leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products—is quietly transforming the online sourcing, design and purchasing behavior of electronics engineers and purchasing professionals worldwide.
No wonder that the company whose 55% business comes from electronics gets 90% of its business searched online. Launched in 1999, the company's e-commerce portal has shown an amazing growth of business around 25% per annum indicating at the increasing acceptance of B2B e-commerce business model.
We are into B2B space and among few companies with more than 5.5 lakh products that we sell through e-commerce. We have over a lakh technical data sheets and introduce 5K new products every month on our website. Globally, we have 2,500 brand partners and have strategic alliance locally with brands such as Tyco Electronics, Fluke, Schneider, ABB, Phoenix, Honeywell, Tektronix, and many others. Our target customers are Electronics Design Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Machine and Panel Builders and Buyers. Customers can buy and see the products online and pay either through credit cards or through cheque on delivery.
The RS e-commerce portal also has a built-in intelligence as it stores customer history for 13 months. There is no minimum order value or quantity and one can get free door delivery of products from global brands within 5-6 days across any part of the country from its warehousing facility in UK. One can also upload purchase order online through "Priority Ordering".
- 2 killed, three injured in accident
- Japan’s Mizuho in US, Canada suits over Mt. Gox bitcoin losses
- Harsh Vardhan confident about Chandni Chowk: I grew up in the lap of Muslims
- Protests, resignations follow Kher candidature
- Wages hit, Orissa seeks NREGS funds
- Akhilesh lays foundation stone for world’s tallest temple