Manch demands separate edu board for BPL Muslims
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Partners & possibles in target 272
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Nagpur: Zakir Hussain Vichar Manch has demanded the state government set up a board to promote primary and high school education among BPL Muslims. "Even Sachar Commission has said Muslims are the most backward community in terms of education," national convener of the manch Haider Dosani has written to CM Prithiviraj Chavan.
Trust to bring out unpublished poems of Savlaram
Thane: The unpublished songs of noted Marathi poet and lyricist P Savlaram will be brought out to mark his birth centenary year, his family has said. Savlaram, who was originally from Kolhapur district in south-west Maharashtra, had made Thane his home. His original name was Nivrutti Ramji Patil and he was given the title of 'Janakavi'.