Mancini feeling heat as Man City takes on Spurs
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
Close to elimination from the Champions League, Manchester City needs a win over Tottenham to stay on the coat-tails of Manchester United in the English Premier League race and relieve some of the growing pressure on its manager.
City is the only unbeaten team in the English top flight after 10 games but its capitulation in Europe has made Roberto Mancini the target of flak and frustration.
Mancini lost his cool twice this week, in a news conference before the 2-2 draw against Ajax and then immediately after the Champions League game in a finger-wagging confrontation with match officials.
It's a sign the Italian is feeling the pressure, at a time when Pep Guardiola is increasingly linked with City following the club's appointment of two former Barcelona officials.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling