Mandarmoni hotels get HC relief
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
The Calcutta High Court on Thursday extended the stay on the demolition of hotels at Mandarmoni, a popular sea resort in the East Midnapore district. The Division Bench asked the hotel owners to approach the review committee constituted by the state government under the provision of Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Notification in 2011 by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
According to the High Court ruling, the review committee will have to look into the matter and take a decision about the fate of the hotels within three months.