Mandarmoni hotels get HC relief
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
The Calcutta High Court on Thursday extended the stay on the demolition of hotels at Mandarmoni, a popular sea resort in the East Midnapore district. The Division Bench asked the hotel owners to approach the review committee constituted by the state government under the provision of Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Notification in 2011 by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
According to the High Court ruling, the review committee will have to look into the matter and take a decision about the fate of the hotels within three months.