Mandarmoni hotels get HC relief
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: KKR beat Mumbai Indians by 41 runs in IPL 7 opener
The Calcutta High Court on Thursday extended the stay on the demolition of hotels at Mandarmoni, a popular sea resort in the East Midnapore district. The Division Bench asked the hotel owners to approach the review committee constituted by the state government under the provision of Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Notification in 2011 by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
According to the High Court ruling, the review committee will have to look into the matter and take a decision about the fate of the hotels within three months.