Mandarmoni hotels get HC relief
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Calcutta High Court on Thursday extended the stay on the demolition of hotels at Mandarmoni, a popular sea resort in the East Midnapore district. The Division Bench asked the hotel owners to approach the review committee constituted by the state government under the provision of Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Notification in 2011 by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
According to the High Court ruling, the review committee will have to look into the matter and take a decision about the fate of the hotels within three months.