Mandarmoni hotels get HC relief
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Partners & possibles in target 272
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
The Calcutta High Court on Thursday extended the stay on the demolition of hotels at Mandarmoni, a popular sea resort in the East Midnapore district. The Division Bench asked the hotel owners to approach the review committee constituted by the state government under the provision of Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) Notification in 2011 by the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests.
According to the High Court ruling, the review committee will have to look into the matter and take a decision about the fate of the hotels within three months.