Mandavkar, Quadros champs
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
Tanaji Mandavkar of Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir Stole the limelight in the 35th Prabodhan Inter-Schools Sports Meet by winning the U-16 Mallakhamb title with an impressive score of 7.80 points while Rashi Patil of St. Thomas Goregaon outclassed her opponents in the U-14 girls section tallying 7.85 points. Also making a mark in the U-12 boys section was Gerard Quadros of St. Stanislaus.
In other events tiny Mridula Saitavadekar of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was at her best on the rope mallakhamb where she displayed various asanas with consummate ease. The overall championships were Won by Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir in the boys section while M.N. English School topped in the girls section. The meet was inaugurated by Jesus Lall, the Managing Director of Universal College and St. John's School in the presence of Dr. Manohar Adwankar, President of Prabodhan Goregaon . Shantanu Nayak and Shruti Tawade, National level archer and athelete receptively were given the honour of carrying the torch and lighting the games' flame.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump