Mandira Bedi turns government agent for Anil Kapoor's 24
- Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- RAW wormed its way into IM in Pakistan, grabbed key leaders
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gang-rape convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence
- Profile of the young Modi supporter: Male, without a job, and hopeful
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar
Actress Mandira Bedi, who is back on the small screen after a gap of nine years with the Indian adaptation of American drama series 24, is essaying the role of a government agent on the show.
The Hindi version, which has borrowed the same name is written by Rensil D'Silva, directed by Abhinay Deo and produced by Anil Kapoor. It will premiere in August.
"I play a government agent in 24. I have shot for 10 days and will be shooting my part for another 45 days over four months. It has been a great experience. I am doing fiction after nine years," Mandira said in an interview.
"I chose 24 because I was excited, I have seen the international format, and I wanted to work with Abhinav. I have watched five seasons. I am playing the Nina Myers character. Tisca Chopra and actress Anita Raj play the other characters," she said.
Nina Myers is a fictional character on the American show, played by Sarah Clarke.
Earlier, Mandira Bedi has acted in television serials like Shanti and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. And now she is back as an anchor on singing reality show, Indian Idol
"The timing is right. I relate to children differently now. I am really enjoying this experience. We do have an emotional connect with contestants and feel sad when they are eliminated," she said.
Well, Mandira did host ICC Cricket World Cup, Champions Trophy and one of the seasons of Indian Premier League.
Ask her what she has to say about the ongoing spot-fixing cricket controversy, she said, "The IPL has been hurt but it is a strong brand. Fixing of any kind be it spot-fixing or match-fixing, hurts the game and the fans. The IPL carnival comes along once a year. I hope by next year the game will get cleaned up."
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar