Manesar land compensation: MSI asked to pay Rs 137.58 cr more
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Mohan Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Car market leader Maruti Suzuki India has said it received an additional demand for Rs 137.58 crore during last quarter as an enhanced amount for the land of the Manesar plant by the Haryana government.
The company said it is already fighting a legal battle against Haryana State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (HSIIDC) for a demand of Rs 501.24 crore as an additional compensation by landowners at Manesar. The order has been reserved by the Supreme Court.
"The demand of Rs 13,758 lakh for remaining part of land at Manesar was received subsequent to the quarter-end and the company is in the process of evaluating its legal options," Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said while declaring its results for
the third quarter ending December 31, 2012.
The company, however, did not share details such as how much is the additional land area and what is the total amount of compensation to be paid to the landowners.
"The company's impleadment application in the pending appeal by HSIIDC, relating to the demand raised for additional compensation by landowners for land acquired from them at Manesar, has been heard and the order has been reserved by the Supreme Court against the demand of Rs 50,124 lakh," MSI said.
Last year, the state government had asked the company to pay Rs 235.40 crore to HSIIDC as enhanced compensation to farmers for land acquisition under a Supreme Court order.
However, as per reports, MSI has been asked to pay an additional amount of up to Rs 1,200 crore to HSIIDC.
HSIIDC had sent multiple notices to the company after it did not pay the amount.
In the first notice issued in March 2012, HSIIDC had said: "You are required to deposit a sum of Rs 2,35,40,26,584 (inclusive of interest up to April 30, 2012 subject to mistake and bona fide mistake in calculation) calculated at Rs 1,222 per square metre within a period 30 days from the date of issue of this demand notice."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress